Resizing the text
- To increase the text size:
- Internet Explorer: View > Text size
- Firefox: View > Text size
- Opera: Tools > Preferences > Fonts > Minimum font size (pixels)
Alternatively, scroll with the wheel of your mouse whilst holding down the control key.
- Firefox also allows you to adjust the text size via the keyboard:
- For PC: [Ctrl] & [+] to Increase the size, [Ctrl] & [-] to Decrease the size and [Ctrl] & [)] to return the text to its Default size
- For Mac:[Apple Key] & [+] to Increase the size, [Apple Key] & [-] to Decrease the size and [Apple Key] & [)] to return the text to its Default size
Have this site read aloud to you
This site is Browsealoud-enabled. Browsealoud reads web pages aloud for people who find it difficult to read online. Reading large amounts of text on screen can be difficult for those with literacy and visual impairments.
Browsealoud is free and easy to download. Once installed you will be able to have hundreds of websites read aloud to you.
- This website aims to conform to:
- W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines2 priority 1, 2, and 3 guidelines
- XHTML 1
- CSS 2
For those using screen readers, you have the option to skip to the navigation
The pages on this website are all print-friendly - Just the text content will appear on any printouts you make.
All pages are designed using CSS - no tables whatsoever have been used in the design of this website. However tables may have been used to format tabular data in some parts of the site.
Structure and presentation have been completely separated - the HTML documents contain just the text that you see on the screen and some structural tags.
The text is assigned a relative font size - this means that you can resize the text if you want to (see “Resizing the text”).
All informational images have been assigned descriptive ALT text and decorative images are either relegated to the CSS document or have a null ALT attribute.
We aim to make this website accessible to everyone. If you experience any kind of problem or have any feedback about it please email email@example.com.
This website has been tested and proven to offer full functionality on Windows, Macintosh and Linux with:
- Internet Explorer 7.0+
- Firefox 3+
- Opera 10
- Safari 3+
Screen sizes ranging from 1024px to 1920px in width
This website relies on CSS2, some browsers are incapable of displaying CSS2 enabled sites correctly. The decision to use CSS2 was taken due to the very small number of Internet users browsing with these older versions (now less than 1%). We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
The video player is provided free of charge by Ossian TV, please see their website for more information.