Hopetoun Fireworks & Bonfire Night
Saturday 2nd November 2013
Gates open from 4pm, Fireworks Display approx 6.30pm
Building on Hopetoun's reputation for putting on one of the most spectacular fireworks displays around, 2013's celebrations are set to be bigger than ever after another sell out year in 2012!
The event will take place against the backdrop of Hopetoun House, Scotland's Finest Stately Home, and will offer an array of pre-show entertainment, fantastic food stalls and family fun. The evening will climax with a fabulous finale of fireworks by the award winning company 21cc Fireworks.
Tickets will be on sale from September 2013. Further information on how to purchase tickets will be posted nearer the release date.
Please note that there will not be any tickets for sale at the gates for this event.
Due the nature of the event, the high volume of visitors and lack of natural daylight we encourage people to arrive by car where possible. We will have traffic management in place to ease congestion and allow a safe flow of traffic in and around Hopetoun estate.
Visitors can arrive by foot along the Shore Road and through the main gate but please note that this road is not lit and very dark. It is closed to traffic during the event with the exception of emergency vehicles so please use a torch if you plan to walk in this way.
There is no charge for car parking at the event. Please follow the event signage off the A904 to access the event by car and do not follow the usual tourist signs to Hopetoun House. Please note that parking is on grass and low clearance vehicles are not recommended for this event. For your safety please follow event signage and instructions from marshals at all times and be aware of moving vehicles.
Anyone arriving at the event by taxi should follow the special event signage for drop off point via banks road. Please advise your driver he has to drop you off at the designated taxi drop off zones.
Blue badge owners must use the event access route via Abercorn Road (next to Newton off the A904). When entering the venue please have your badge displayed in the car front window and ask stewards to direct you to the disabled parking area. Once parked disabled access to the event will be separate from the main gate and situated at the Ballroom gate. There will be hard surface access to the DJ stage, food stalls, bonfire and fireworks display area.
Food and Drink
There will be a large number of food outlets open during the event from 4pm until 8pm. Confectionary and glow sticks for children will also be for sale.
For Your Safety
- Dress appropriately for the weather and make sure you are warm and dry. Parking and some activities are on grass and therefore sturdy footwear is advised.
- Bring a torch if you have one. We are installing a number of powerful lights around the parking areas and all access routes but having a torch may be advantageous.
- Please comply with all notices and instructions from event officials
- Be aware of moving vehicles at all times and take sensible precautions with young children near the large bonfire.
- Do not bring your own fireworks, sparklers or pets
- Do not bring any alcohol to the event. Any visitors considered to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted entry.